AutoLoader: Kranvagn On Track, Daily Deals, Crew skins

The Kranvagn On Track started this morning. I've already unlocked the whole line, but I'd only bought up through the Emil I. So first thing this morning I bought and equipped the Emil II, to begin what should be a very short "grind" to the Kranvagn (which is unlocked, I just need to grind the top gun on the Emil II).

The Emil II in World of Tanks

So far I'm not enjoying the Emil II as much as I hoped I would. Granted I'm still playing the stock gun and the pen on that is pretty poor (217 standard, 242 premium).  But the Emil II feels sluggish (even with the upgraded tracks/engine) and the armor, while pleasantly sloped, isn't good enough to justify the slow movement.

So far I'm 0-4 in the Emil II and while I haven't played BADLY, I also don't quite have it figured out. My experience so far has been that I fire a clip, if I'm lucky I pen 2 of the 3 shots, then I'm on a 20 second reload. My teams haven't been very good (last game was 0-15 if that tells you anything) so inevitably about 3 clips into the battle I'm getting overrun by multiple enemies while reloading.

Some of that is me, getting too cocky in a Tier IX autoloader. I need to play back a bit more so I'm not so vulnerable on reload. Some of that is my teams evaporating so that I have no support during my 3rd or 4th reload.

If the stock gun penetrated more reliably that might be different. But even with gold - in the 0-15 game I loaded a gold clip and bounced all three shots - I rarely pen the entire clip.

Well, I'll get better at it, no doubt. I only need 59K to unlock the top gun (and the Kran) and if I have a good streak I could have that done by Tuesday. Otherwise it might take me all week.

Going to try running food in it as well, and see if that helps.

Daily Deals in World of Tanks

I posted the other day that Daily Deals was back and that there seemed to be some good deals. Well, my enthusiasm has faded a bit. The last couple of days the deals have been...well, yawns. Even the "Free" part has been a couple of demounting kits, and a crew skin (more on that in a moment).

Free is fine, not going to complain about free, but after the Crew Bunks just haven't seen anything I cared about. The rest mostly seems to be overpriced boosters, and tank styles for gold.

Maybe tomorrow there will be something good.

Crew skins

Does anybody really care about crew skins?  I barely know my crews - other than by their skills/training. Can't tell you their names, don't really know what they look like. I've got 1390 crew members in my account, don't know much about any of them. Certainly don't care if one of them looks like a pumpkin or a unicorn or something.

I've got dozens(?) of these crew skins from various missions and I don't think I can sell them. I suppose I don't care - not like I had to pay for them or it costs me anything to have dozens of unused crew skins.

If the crew skins had any value in-game (like camo does) that would be different. But otherwise...they're just like decals and inscriptions to me...just fluff. 

Do you care about crew skins? If so, tell us about it in the comments below.

Christmas boxes

Have to admit, I'm getting anxious for the Christmas boxes. Down to my last few hundred gold, wouldn't mind an infusion of 10M or so credits, and very curious to see if there will be any new premium tanks in the boxes this year. Not to mention all the little bonuses from the missions and "Holiday Ops". I guess we still have another 2-3 weeks to wait.

Festive Atmosphere 2020 in World of Tanks

GLHF!

Comments