How not to double-bush in World of Tanks

So this morning I take my EVEN 90 out and first match I get is Ghost Town encounter.


Cool. In a light tank on this map my usual approach is to push into the swamp to an advantageous bush to light any enemy tanks taking the short route into town, or any who try to push down the zero line past the ships.

Ideally my team can get some early damage on their heavies while I'm counter-scouting the enemy LTs and TDs who are trying to be sneaky-snakes in the swamp.

NOTE: I might have gone one bush further forward than where I did in this match, but I lit their Cobra almost immediately so I hesitated to let my team get damage and not risk getting killed early.

Moments after I arrived in this bush, however (which I had told my team during the countdown I was going to go to) I suddenly had company.


Yep, our Skorpion decided to come park right next to me in the same bush. And proceeded to get himself lit pretty much instantly.

That meant I had to turn and run as the inbound shots started whizzing past me.

Have some situational awareness

He didn't need to be that far forward (especially in a tank whose camo vaporizes when it fires) but he especially didn't need to compromise my position by parking right next to me (arguably BEHIND me to the heavies at D7). Even though I managed to escape alive (he was dead in 10 seconds) the result was that we had no vision at all in the East because I had to bail and basically ceded that part of the map to the enemy for at least 15-20 seconds.

By the time I could re-establish their LT-432 had moved pretty far forward and we were already down 3 tanks and on the back foot.

What do we learn?

When you're driving a sniper stay aware of where your light tanks are. If they're in a forward (or even semi-forward) position set up a safe distance behind them and get ready for shots. But regardless, don't go get yourself lit right next to a teammate.

GLHF!

Comments