Passing on the Grom

As I've said here many times I'm basically a tank collector. I currently have about 700 tanks in the garage, I have nearly every tech tree tank in the game (just 3 or 4 I haven't bought yet) and most of the premiums. I have pretty much every Collector tank over Tier 4.

But I've decided to pass on the Grom.


I know, I know...I'm a little surprised too.

Why am I skipping the Grom?

Primarily, because I don't especially enjoy casement TDs, especially assault casements (as opposed to snipers like the STRV S1) and even though I have a 40% discount from the marathon I just am finding it hard to get motivated to spend $46 for a tank I might only play a handful of times.

Hard to play

I've heard the Grom is hard to play, but I think the players who are buying it might not be understanding it. This AM I had a battle on Safe Haven where my teammate took his Grom immediately to the A1 corner where he parked next to the arty hoping, I presume, to snipe heavies poking in town.

The whole party piece of the Grom is the 800 alpha when you're at close range, and he chose to park in the corner and snipe. (Yes, we got stomped)

Ahhhh....World of Tanks, never change. LOL

GLHF!



Comments