Snapshot: BZ-68 is going to the back of the garage

I've been playing the BZ-68 (Tier 9 Chinese HT) the last couple of days for the Top of the Tree missions.  This morning I unlocked and bought the BZ-75 and I think I'm going to park the BZ-68 for a while.



I know that Skill4LTU really likes the BZ-68 but I just can't make the damned thing work. The only thing worse than the armor is the gun.

The armor

To be fair...if you get hull down the armor can work. The problem is that (at least on NA) 80% of the games you get are Tier X games so you're almost always facing people who are just going to shoot you in the face with gold and not care.

And the fact that the armor is so situational (and I'm usually bottom tier) makes me a bit skittish to push across open terrain into forward positions. 

Which brings me to...

The gun...oh that gun.

The gun handling on this tank is atrocious. It's not as bad as the K-2, but it's bad. I have a full BIA crew, with SnapShot, food, bounty vents and bounty aiming. In theory I have .34 accuracy. In reality this tank misses probably 75% of its shots.

The reload is geologically slow (even with bounty rammer and food) so when you miss so often your DPM just vanishes.

The solution is to get up close, of course, but with the very situational armor and the fact that you may be brawling Tier Xs at close range....

Yeah, it's not a great experience most of the time. 

Am I wrong about this tank? What are your experiences with it? Let us know in the comments below.

GLHF!

Comments