Why I'm done with Frontline for a while

Played a game of Frontline on Monday morning...and I've decided I'm just not going to play it anymore. At least not for a while. I'll explain why, maybe somebody at WarGaming will see this and give it some thought. Or maybe not...

Caution: I'm probably a bit tilted, so I totally understand if you want to skip this post. It's going to be a little negative. :-) 

The Wheelies

Frankly this is the biggest reason. It's just frustrating and not fun to spend the entire battle swatting at swarms of YOLOing wheelies. The little gnats go by at 80, hitting shot after shot with their obscene turret traverse and autoaim, while half of my shots go into their wheels and do no damage.

They're not really playing World of Tanks, they're playing Forza. They lock on their autoaim, and then just race around the map at full speed, left clicking from time to time. Even if you do manage to damage them, they just speed off to a repair circle, get back to full health, and they're back buzzing by you again a minute later.



If it was just one or two, that might be ok. But often the wheelies, even if they're not officially platooned, group up and you end up dealing with a little wolfpack of them.

How can Wargaming fix this?

Here are a few ideas, in no particular order:
  • Limit the number of wheelies per battle. Just like they limit the number of arties. Might not fix the problem, but it would help.
  • Nerf their turret traverse or autoaim, when they can race by at 80 and still hit every shot, that's just wrong. Some of my regular tanks can't even traverse the turret fast enough to keep pace with the wheelie (at least at close range), but they can go by and snap shot after shot into me.
  • Shooting their wheels should at least significantly slow them down, but it rarely does. You can't actually track them, but if every shot in the wheels cut their speed in half, that would help. And they should have to come to a complete stop to repair a damaged wheel. Maybe TWO shots in the wheels should track them completely?
Ultimately World of Tanks is a game. If it's not fun, why play? In the current meta, I just don't find Frontline to be very fun.

And I don't play enough to get the top rewards. Between work and family I can probably play 3-4 battles of Frontline a day, max, and I'm only maybe halfway thru the levels. Given that I won't get enough prestige even for the Emil 1951 (since I took the STA-2 earlier) I'm really just playing for credits, bonds and such. If it were still fun, that would be enough. But it's just not right now.

Just my $.02. Your mileage may vary.

GLHF!

Comments