Tech Tree Showcase: The E 100 Grind

From Feb 20 to Mar 20, 2021 the E 100 German SuperHeavy line was On Track/Top of the Tree. The whole line is pretty decent, though I found the Tiger I to be a bit disappointing.


Here's a sheet at Tanks.GG that compares them all: Compare - World of Tanks - tanks.gg

VK 30.01 H

The Tier 5 is actually not a heavy tank at all (any more), it's a medium. And it's a decent medium, though sort of slow, with a LARGE array of equipment choices.



It's got HT mobility with a pretty low power-to-weight which isn't surprising considering it used to be a HT but was switched to an MT in the 1.9 update. 

There are some really interesting gun choices, including a hard hitting 105 derp gun.

It's a Tier V but I enjoyed it and found it interesting to play.

Learn more

VK 36.01 H

This is the Tier 6 and it has a fast firing gun that has some trouble with Tier 7/8 tanks simply due to pretty poor standard pen (145).

Despite the problematic gun I found it fun to play, and it's very competitve at it's tier. Just when you see bigger kids that it really struggles (even more than most HTs).

Learn more

The Tiger I was the most disappointing tank in the line for me. The armor is especially poor - even Tier VI tanks can just shoot you in the face without much concern.

The saving grace of the Tiger I is when you get the big gun (the 88) unlocked. At Tier 7 it's a 280 alpha beast. Before you get that gun, though, the Tiger I will probably make you sad.

Sidenote: The Tiger I does have a sort of fun derp gun, though. If you just need something while you're grinding XP and want to mess around, it's good for some occasional giggles.

Learn more

Tiger II

Coming off the Tiger I I had low expectations for the Tiger II, but it's actually surprisingly good. The turret armor is a workable 245 and the gun is excellent. I ran my bounty rammer on it for even better reload which got me to 2600 DPM without food.

360 alpha and .29 accuract even with a mediocre crew is very very nice.

At 71 tons you start to see the German Superheavy take hold a bit, though. Power/Weight is less than 10 and the top speed is 38 - though it's hard to get there.

Learn more

E 75

The E 75 is interesting. It's got very low power/weight so it doesn't accelerate well, but somehow it doesn't feel as sluggish as the numbers suggest it should be. The armor, especially on the front of the turret, is extremely good.

I started off with the tier IX gun (had it unlocked) and it the standard pen is so poor that it just bled credits. Upgraded to the tier X gun and was pleasantly surprised to discover that I could usually make a small number of credits...just because I could pen so many more shots, and the 530 alpha went a long way.

Learn more

E 100

The big daddy. Most important thing to know about the E 100 is that, unlike all the tanks leading up to it, it requires TWO loaders. So (at least until Crew 2.0) you're going to have to find a second loader.




Equipment

I run a pretty standard HT loadout: Vents, rammer, V-stabs. I created that loadout before the new equipment came into the game though, so doing it again today I'd probably use improved rotation instead of v-stabs.

Crew Skills

Standard HT skills here:

  • Commander: Sixth Sense, Repairs, Recon, Jack of All Trades, Firefighting...
  • Gunner: Snap shot, Repairs, Armorer, Firefighting...
  • Driver: Off-road driving, Smooth ride, Repairs, Clutch braking, Firefighting...
  • Radio Operator: Situational Awareness, Repairs, Firefighting...
  • Loader: Repairs, Safe stowage, Adrenaline Rush...
And, as usual, once the commander finishes their second skill I'll usually reset everybody and put BIA on.

What do you think of the E 100 line? Leave a comment below!

GLHF!

Comments