SnapShot: Game economics

 Just a very quick observation about game economics in World of Tanks.

I had a battle the other day in my T32. It was on Fjords, from the West spawn and it was a tier X game. From the outset I wasn't super optimistic - as a bottom tier HT your options can be a bit limited. Plus the enemy team had an AE Phase 1 and a Obj 279e.

Anyhow, I ended up having to brawl the Obj 279e and an Obj 140 basically by myself. That went exactly as you'd expect. But I did manage to do a bit of damage, plus some assisting. Did I do much? No, but under the circumstances I'm not unhappy with what I did.


But here's the thing...I didn't fire a single round of premium and I didn't use any unbought consumables. I had a 50% credit booster going AND I have a premium account. I was in basically a no-win situation in +2 matchmaking and...

...I lost credits.

Happened to me again this morning in the IS-M. Stuck in a Tier X battle where I honestly couldn't do much at all; the IS-M just can't brawl with Bobjects and T110E5s. Didn't fire any gold, actually managed to do a shot of damage, and a tracking shot, stayed alive as long as I could...but ultimately lost credits. 

Kinda sucks that due to MM it can be that hard to even break even on credits. 

Oh well.

GLHF!

Comments

  1. It seems daft using a credit boost on tier x instead of using it on your best money making premium tank, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the credit booster could help you lose less credits in the Tier X, I suppose. That said, I wasn't using it on a Tier X, I had it running while playing a Tier VIII and I was almost certainly playing both tech tree and premium tanks (I usually do) during that session.

      My point was that without the credit booster I'd have lost even more credits.

      Delete

Post a Comment