Snapshot: Nervous about finishing Battle Pass this month?

As Battle Pass enters its last month here are a couple of thoughts for those of you who might be nervous about completing it.

Watch your Battle Pass points limit on each tank

Each tank has a cap of how many Battle Pass points you can earn. You can see it in the garage at the top of the carousel.


This is my SU-100Y and you can see that I've so far earned 57 of the 100 possible Battle Pass points in this tank. You earn those according to this rate:

In a win:
  • 7 points for finishing top 3 by base XP
  • 5 points for finishing top 10 by base XP
In a draw or a loss:
  • 5 points for finishing top 3 by base XP
  • 3 points for finishing top 10 by base XP
So as long as you finish top 10 you're getting something. Being top 3 in a win is obviously the best. You can earn some additional points if you're playing the E100, STB-1, or Obj 430U, but most players aren't.

CAUTION: You only earn per-battle Battle Pass points in Tier 6 or above tanks.

When you reach the limit, two things happen. One good, one bad.

The Bad

You can't earn any more Battle Pass points in that tank in future games. You can still play that tank, but it doesn't matter if you're top 3 or not, you're not getting any battle pass points except from the daily missions.

The Good

When you hit the limit you get a one-time bonus of points. For Tier 6 tanks it's 15 points. For Tier 7 it's 20 points, etc.

The Strategy

So here's what you do if you're nervous about finishing Battle Pass this month: Grind your Tier 6 tanks. It only takes 100 Battle Pass points to max them out; if you're a decent player that's maybe 20 games or so. And when you do max them out, you'll get a 15 point bonus.

Just be sure to move on to the next tank once you max one out.

My approach

I look at the daily and bonus missions and pick my tanks accordingly. If it's a mission where I need to play relative to something ("Be #1 in damage on your team") I'll probably play a Tier 6 TD or HT. I don't have to do a lot of damage, just more than the rest of my team. I just got that done very easily in the SU-100Y with a 2.4K damage game. (I could have done 1.8K and still gotten it done).

If it's a mission where I have to do a lot of critical hits I usually do that in the M44. Arty lets you spread targets around, hit a lot of different tanks in the same battle, and by using HE you're almost guaranteed critical hits. The 5 or 7 crit hits in one battle games are almost always just 1-battle grinds in the M44.

If it's a grindy mission - do 5000 damage over any number of battles, for example - I have a lot more flexibility. There I might go ahead and run some of my favorite Tier 8 or Tier 9 tanks; bigger HP pool to draw from and higher alpha usually. But you can also grind it just fine in the Tier 6s if you need to.

Remember - you can do the daily missions in Tier 5 or below tanks, but you won't earn any of the "Finished top 10" battle pass points in a Tier 5 or below tank.

Last resort

If it's important to you, when you get to the end of the event, you can buy the last stages you need. Stages are 250 gold each and if you're like me you may still have quite a bit of Christmas gold left. It's an option.

GLHF!

Comments