Field Mod grinds on US HTs and Russian LTs

Some quick thoughts on World of Tanks this week...

American Heavy Tanks

One lesson I learned from Skill4LTU was to use the On Track ("Top of the Tree" for our EU friends) to accelerate the Field Mods grind. If you didn't already know, for the second win of the day in any tank in the line that is On Track, you get a x5 bonus. 

I started off grinding the American HTs. The T29 was already done and the M6 got done pretty quickly since it's just 3K for each level (and there aren't many levels).

I got off to a rough start with the M103.


For the first few games I just couldn't make it work. To be fair I didn't have it fully upgraded and my crew only had 2 skills. I don't automatically free XP to the top configuration, I like to play at least a couple of games with the "lesser" equipment just to see how it feels.

Once the tank was fully upgraded, though, and my crew had matured a bit, it got a lot more comfortable. It helped that I was getting more familiar with it, and as the field mods unlocked it just got better. By the end I was really enjoying it.

When I finished the American HTs it was time for Russian light tanks.

Russian Light Tanks

The Russian light story was pretty similar. I already had the LTG and the MT-25 done so I only needed to do the LTTB and T-54 LtWt (I don't always bother grinding the field mods on the Tier Xs at this point).

The challenge I had here was that both of my crews were pretty poor; and in light tanks vision and camo are critical...and those are heavily crew based. So it took a few battles with boosters (and a couple of crew books) to get comfortable.

I finished the LTTB this morning, and the T-54 LtWt is about 40% done. The crews have settled in and I'm starting to figure out the tanks fairly well.

What are you grinding these days? Let us know in the comments below. 

GLHF!

Comments