Don't be that guy: Delusions of grandeur edition

This week I had a battle on Studzianki that featured a guy whose sportsmanship (not to mention his self-awareness) needed help. Let's chat about it briefly...


The battle started off pretty normal. Some folks went South, some went North, some went to the factory. Our VZ 55 was apparently unhappy with our initial deployment though, and started off with some critical comments about it in chat. OK, no biggie, I'm fine with people talking tactics in chat.

But then our VZ 55 got killed and his attitude got even worse.

"UNINSTALL!"

He started off with the old chestnut of telling the rest of his team they need to uninstall the game. That caught my eye, so I took a quick glance at his stats. Turns out he's a 45% player with only 2,000ish battles.

OK, it's bad enough to be an ass in chat when you're a unicum. But to do so when you're a noob with bad stats...well, maybe there's a pot/kettle problem there. 

I couldn't help but respond "Dude, you're a 45% player. LOL"

Note also, he's got barely 2K battles and he's already stumbling around in his shiny Tier X heavy getting killed in the first 3 minutes. And hey, if he wants to make that mistake, well...I guess that's his right. But he shouldn't be rude when he does it.

It's also worth noting that when he posted "UNINSTALL!" that the battle was still pretty close. 2-3, I think.

He hung around in chat for a bit, arguing with people, and telling us all what worthless idiots we were.

That made it a little more delicious that the battle ended up being a 15-8 win.

But wait, there's more

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing, I guess. And this particular dude decided that the argument wasn't done after the battle was won. So he popped into my direct messages to insist that he really is a good player and the team really was awful. (and of course to toss a couple more insults at me)

At one point he said "I did more damage than you did!". And he did, just barely. He was in a VZ 55. I was in a Tier 9 French arty. Have to admit that one made me laugh.

The Lesson

It's fine to think your team sucks - I think that fairly often. It's fine to offer constructive tactical advice in chat (to a point). I do that occasionally.

But don't be a dick about it. And especially don't insult your team's skill when you're already dead and objectively not a good player. 

If you want to stagger into a Tier X game when you're clearly out of your depth...well, that's your right, but do so with some humility.

Especially when your team carries you and wins.

GLHF!

Comments